Wednesday, June 13, 2018

GIS Programming Module 4


      In part one the script debugging gave me a lot of fits due to the small errors that I am not use to catching yet. Once I realized what they were the rest of the script debugging went pretty smooth. 


Adding the try-except statement was pretty much a copy paste from the exercise. The difficult part was setting a variable to catch the errors and print the actual error type rather than just the fact that there was an error. This was for part A. For Part B it was a little more challenging to figure out exactly what to do to make the script print the data. After I got it to work I realized it was a lot simpler than I thought, but going into the problem I didn’t know where to start. I entered the basic try-except statement, then played around with the printing after the except statement to attempt to get the data printed. This was the key. Once I was able to make something print I had the solution and was able to complete this part of the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment