Wednesday, July 11, 2018

GIS Programming Module 7

This assignment had some difficult steps and some that were fairly simple. The biggest issue I had with the assignment was the instructions outlined by steps. Some had excellent instructions on how to accomplish each step while others simply offered a solution, but did not really explain how the solution would work to accomplish the task. For example adding the variables from the cursor to the newly created dictionary threw me for a loop (pun intended). I spent two days trying to figure this out. Finally I reverted back to working with lists and for loops and realized the step was far simpler than I originally thought. The only other issue I had when working with the script was figuring out how the assignment wanted the results displayed on the window. Spaces or no spaces? Message data or not and for which steps? I understand the goal is to get us to work with the scripts and accomplish different tasks for different steps, but the instructions for the results display were set in different locations on the assignment and it took reading the document multiple times and re-scripting to come to a sensible conclusion that still could be interpreted as incorrect according to the instructions and example. A clearer reference should be used as to what result is required for steps 9-11.


No comments:

Post a Comment